WHO ARE WE
Welcome to Salvas Learning a UK based leader in delivering accredited Conflict training to staff helping them learn and improve their skills when dealing with clients who are emotional , difficult, abusive, threatening, aggressive or assaultive.
Since 2009 we have provided training to organisations in the Public, Private and Third sectors in the UK and Europe helping them create safe and positive working environments for customers and staff alike. Our core courses cover:
- Personal safety awareness
- Conflict management and Conflict resolution (NHS)
- Non restrictive Physical intervention – Assault avoidance / Disengagement/ Breakaway
- Restrictive Physical intervention – Holding and Additional holding /Restraint skills
- Lone worker Personal safety
- E-Learning modules
- Terrorist attack Survival skills training – How to RunHideSurvive
- Train the Trainer in delivering Conflict management and Physical intervention skills
All our tutors are highly experienced and have a minimum of 10 years experience dealing with conflict in the workplace and work related violence in a variety of workplaces. They are all qualified to a minimum QCF Level 3 in:
- Adult Teaching
- Delivering Conflict Management training
- Delivering Physical Intervention training
In addition our tutors attend regular CPD workshops to ensure they are up to date with the latest skills and learning associated with the courses we deliver. All Physical intervention tutors have to undergo an annual recertification process in order to deliver Maybo Physical intervention skills training.
HOW WE HELP OUR CLIENTS
It’s not just about delivering a training workshop. We help our many clients with:
- Guidance on employer and regulatory requirements covering work related violence and harassment.
- Support to create and maintain robust policies, risk assessments and risk control measures;
- Help to identify your staff’s operational training needs;
- Tailored training courses which suit you, the client.
We work with clients to ensure that their needs and those of their staff and customers are fully met.
Our Full day course normally runs from 0900 – 1630.
Our short ½ day Awareness workshops run from 0900 – 1230 and 1300 – 1630 allowing two groups of staff to attend in one day.
Twilight courses and Weekend courses are also available. These may incur a supplemental charge.
We provide our customers and their staff with innovative training and tools to improve
- personal safety in the workplace
- management of violence and aggression
- dealing with difficult people and difficult situations
- reporting of incidents of violence and aggression
- support of staff after traumatic incidents involving verbal or physical abuse
HOW WE DELIVER YOUR TRAINING WORKSHOP
We work with you to ensure that the training environment is conducive to effective learning. Delegates are given the chance to explore how they respond to conflict and we use a variety of learning methods like pre-reading, group discussion and facilitation, group exercises and practical skills practice to ensure staff have a positive learning experience.
Salvas Learning are one of the main Maybo training centres in the UK and the main training centre for Scotland. The Maybo Managing conflict and Challenging behaviours and Physical intervention training programmes are accredited by City and Guilds. Maybo Physical Intervention skills for use in Care settings with Adult with learning disabilities are accredited by BILD- British Institute of Learning Disabilities.
PEOPLE WE TRAIN AND SUPPORT
Some of the people we train and support work in :
- Customer service
- Community safety
- Event safety
- Health and Social care
- Housing and Homelessness support
- Maintenance response
- Operational response
- Sport and leisure centres
- Theatre Front of House
- Trading standards